Worship & Bible Studies at Oregon Community UMC
Oregon Community is a small group of believers who know and care deeply for each other. Our worship services are grounded in scripture and focused on transforming lives. The worship style is a laid back blend of traditional hymns, modern liturgies, and sermons meant to spark conversation and deep thinking.
We have some traditional elements including prayer, creeds, and liturgies--and communion on the first Sunday of the month. However, the preaching is more contemporary and has a style focused on teaching and interaction with the congregation.
As far as a "dress code," there is none. Come as you feel comfortable. Some people are in suits, others are more casual, and the pastor is usually in jeans. We care more about getting to know you and meeting your needs than about how you look.
Church is about getting to come into the presence of God and experiencing the love of Jesus the savior. And it is about doing so in community with other people who have some of the same struggles and hopes as you. We invite you to join us and pray that you will find the experience uplifting and meaningful.
You are invited to join us at 9am for worship every week--and the service usually lasts until 10:15am.
It would be excellent if every member of the congregation was involved in at least one Bible Study during the week. Please choose one study to attend each week, and bring a friend to join you. We have several opportunities:.
- Table Talk is at the General Sutter Inn in Lititz on Mondays at 7pm: Table Talk (our new curriculum replacing Lifetree Café) is an outreach ministry where people who are not currently part of a church can come out and discuss a variety of issues where faith and life intersect—including hot-button issues like relationships, immigration, forgiveness, loss, etc. Bring friends who are not currently engaged with a church out for dinner and a discussion. You can buy a meal and/or drinks during the session. Visit www.lifetreecafelancaster.us for more info, video clips, and a list of upcoming topics.
- Wednesday Evening Bible Study at 6:30pm there is a Bible Study led by Amy Boughter in the Adult Sunday School Room at Faith UMC. Everyone is invited to join them.
- Friday Morning Bible Study & Prayer at Faith UMC at 10am: Every week we meet together on Friday mornings for Bible Study and prayer. This is a chance to honestly explore your faith—and how it impacts the rest of your life. We would love to have you join us. We are meeting in the Fellowship Hall at Faith UMC.
- Children's Sunday School is every week at 9am and meets in the third classroom on the right in the Education Wing at Faith UMC.
- Youth Sunday School is every week at 9am. All youth in 5th-12th grade are invited for a lesson in the corner classroom of the Education Wing at Faith UMC.
- Adult Sunday School is every week at 8am and meets in the Fellowship Hall of Oregon Community UMC.
- Youth Group is each Sunday from 5-7pm: All youth in 5th-12th grade are invited. See more information about their schedule and events on the youth page. We have most of our meetings at Faith UMC--but stay tuned for special events and locations.